Five pilot projects were recently selected by the European Commissions Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) as ‘Platforms of Centres of Vocational Excellence’. This initiative aims to support innovative approaches in VET through transnational cooperation platforms, funded through Erasmus+ Sector Skills Alliances (Lot 1 on Centres of Vocational Excellence).
The goal of each ‘Platform of Centres of Excellence’ is to help training providers and their networks to anticipate skills needs; sharing innovative teaching and training methods; developing joint VET curricula and to act as transnational ‘knowledge triangles’.
The five selected projects are:
- Digital innovation Hub for Cloud Based Services, led by Helsinki Business College, Finland,
- European Open Design School for Sustainable Regional Development, led by Fondazione Matera-Basilicata 2019, Italy,
- Excellent advanced manufacturing 4.0, led by TKNIKA, Spain,
- Pilot Platform of Vocational Excellence Water, led by Freisland College, The Netherlands,
- Talentjourney - Platform for CDS VET Excellence, led by Solski center Nova Gorica, Slovenia,
The Sector Skills Alliances (SSAs) plan to identify skills needs and align VET systems with the changing needs of the labour market. The 2019 call included three lots:
- Lot 1 on Centres of Vocational Excellence,
- Lot 2 on Design and delivery of VET,
- Lot 3 on ‘Blueprint’ sectoral approach.
Learn more about the results of the call here.
More information on the Sector Skills Alliances is available here.